Available on Business Cloud Communications: Professional
Cymbus Meetings are not limited to audio- or video-only, so participants can join the way that works best for them: Dial in by phone for audio or join from their computer for audio and video.
First, set up your meeting preferences in End User Portal settings.
- In the Cymbus app, open the End User Portal settings.
- Go to Meetings > Configure Settings and configure your meeting to your preferences. Here are a few we recommend:
- Entry/Exit tones: Check “Play tones when participants join or leave the meeting” so you know when people are coming or going.
- Join Muted: Uncheck “New participants are automatically muted when they join the meeting."
- Moderation: Uncheck “Meeting starts only when moderator joins” so users can join even if you're not there yet.
- Scroll down and click [Save].
Next, schedule the meeting from the desktop app or mobile app (it's the same for voice meetings as it is for video meetings).
Finally, participants can join your meeting as a guest from a link in the email invite or by dialing in.
The audio quality is lower for phone participants than it is for people who join on their computer, because phone participants use the G.729 codec as opposed to the higher-quality OPUS code.