The E911 Address registered to your phone number will tell emergency services your precise location in the event you dial 911. It's important to keep this address up to date so they go to the correct location.
Rather than calling Customer Support to update it on your behalf, you can update it yourself in the Voice Portal.
- Log in to the Voice Portal.
- In the User Info section, click [Edit E911 Address].
- Uncheck Same as CSR Record.
- Make any necessary updates to the E911 Record fields to identify the precise location where your device is located. If any additional information is required (such as a suite, apartment, building, etc.), expand Manual Entry for those fields.
- When you’re done, click [Save]. It may take several hours for the changes to take effect.
Provide Lat/Long (Optional)
Check this box to view and/or modify the latitude and longitude coordinates for the E911 address. These coordinates determine the PSAP responsible for receiving the 911 call, not the ambulance dispatch location. This additional information is useful for new addresses that haven't yet been registered with the Master Street Address Guide (MSAG).
When checked, Lat/Long is automatically generated using the provided address. Click View Lat/Long in Google Maps to see the approximate location and make sure it's at least in your neighborhood.
Error: Cannot Modify E911 Address
To make sure emergency services can be dispatched to the correct address, an E911 address that is assigned to multiple numbers cannot be modified by a single user from the Voice Portal. For example, a business may use the same office location for all of their lines. If an employee begins to work from home and wants to change their E911 address, that change would inadvertently affect all other lines.
If you get this error, please contact an account administrator to change your E911 address without affecting other lines.