All voicemail boxes have the option to forward voicemail messages to one or more email addresses. When a message is left on your voicemail box, an email notification is sent to the specified email address(es) with the message recording attached as an MP3 file.
The Forward Voicemail to Email setting can be managed in Voice Portal for each voicemail or sub voicemail box.
- Go to the Voicemail section in your Voice Portal.
Scroll down to Message Settings and check the box for "Forward voicemail messages."
- Optionally, check the box for "Keep a copy in voicemail box."
- When checked, the message waiting indicator (MWI) on the user’s device will stay on until the user listens to or deletes the message from their device or the Voice Portal.
- If unchecked, voicemail messages are removed from the voicemail box when forwarded to email.
- Optionally, check the box for "Enable Transcription of Messages." (BCC only)
- In the field below, enter one or more email addresses in the field below separated by commas.
- Click [Save].
From: SERVICE PROVIDER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:26 PM
To: Sarah Jane <email@example.com>
Subject: New voicemail from 18015553638 for voicemail box: Sarah Jane
You got a new Voicemail. Here are the details of your message:
From: SERVICE PROVIDER / 1 (801) 555 3638
Time: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:25 PM
The Cymbus Team
Forwarded voicemails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to whitelist this address so the emails can be delivered to your inbox.