Hunt Groups > Hunt Configuration > Forward Code Management
Any line on the account can dial the forwarding star codes, regardless of group membership, but only one forwarding code can be used at a time. The last dialed star code becomes active (enabled), while the prior star code is deactivated (disabled).
Manage Forwarding by Dialing Star Codes
Enable Fixed Code
1. Upon dialing the star code, you will hear: “Calls forward to [PhoneNumber]. Goodbye.”
2. All calls to the hunt group are forwarded to the number assigned to the code.
Enable Variable Code
1. Upon dialing the star code, you will hear the prompt: “Please enter the forwarding number followed by the pound sign.”
2. Enter the forwarding number followed by the pound sign. You will hear the message: “Calls forward to [PhoneNumber]. Goodbye.”
3. All calls to the hunt group are forwarded to this number.
1. Upon dialing the star code, you will hear: “Call forwarding disabled. Goodbye.”
2. The forward code is disabled and the hunt group uses the configured hunt settings again.
Manage Forwarding in the Admin Portal
In the Hunt Configuration tab under Ring Strategy, you can see whether a Line Hunt or Forward strategy is currently enabled for the group.
- When Line Hunt is selected, line hunting is currently enabled with the settings below.
- When Forward is selected, the group is being forwarded using the star code selected here.
To change the active hunting strategy, choose a different forward code or switch back to Line Hunt, then save your settings.