Cymbus uses contacts saved on your device. Cymbus contacts are continually synchronized with your native contacts, which means adding, modifying, or deleting a contact from one list updates the other list.
Roster contacts are team members who share their online status with you using an XMPP address or softphone number. These are pre-populated and managed by your system administrator. You can also exchange instant messages (IMs) with your Roster contacts.
- In the Contacts tab, tap (Android) or (iOS) to add a person to your contact list.
- From the History tab, long-press an entry (Android) or tap Info next to an entry (iOS), then tap Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact. Cymbus auto-populates the phone number.
- In the Add Contact window, enter the contact’s name, company, and email address. If necessary, tap to add a phone number.
- When you’re done, tap or Add. The contact is added to Cymbus contacts and the device’s native contacts.
iOS has additional options
Delete a Contact
- In the Contacts tab, tap a contact to view their information.
- Android. Tap More > Delete. Alternatively, long-press a contact and tap Delete.
- iOS. Tap Edit, then scroll to the bottom and tap Delete. Alternatively, swipe to the left and tap Delete Contact.
- The contact will be deleted from both Cymbus and the device’s native contacts.
Roster is your organization’s contact list. It is managed by your system administrator and cannot be permanently deleted by you. If you delete a Roster contact, they will reappear in the Roster the next time you log in.